It had been reported that The Real O’Neals star Noah Galvin made his bosses furious by giving an explosive interview in June in which he maligned Bryan Singer, Colton Haynes and Eric Stonestreet.
The Hollywood Reporter wrote then that an executive producer was ‘begging the network not to take action’ by reducing the order for new episodes and that ‘ABC screamed at him all afternoon.’
But the comedy’s showrunner, Casey Johnson, told a different story Thursday (4 August) when speaking at the Television Critics Association’s summer press tour in Beverly Hills.
‘There wasn’t any threat to cut our order or anything like that,’ Johnson said. ‘ABC has been incredibly supportive.
‘You know, there wasn’t much going on behind the scenes. The article came out, Noah regretted what he said and apologized really quickly. I think we’ve all said things we wish we hadn’t.’
The young actor, who is openly gay, slammed Haynes for the manner in which the actor came out in May, dissed Stonestreet’s gay portrayal on Modern Family and accused director-producer Singer of inviting ‘little boys over to his pool and diddle them in the f-cking dark of night.’
Galvin then issued a detailed apology for his ‘brazen and hurtful comments’ on the day the interview was posted.
Says Johnson now: ‘We all got back to work. There wasn’t that much buzzing behind the scenes. We were busy on Season 2, which we’re all super excited about. We’re three days into shooting. It’s all good.’
The post Future of The Real O’Neals was not threatened over star’s toxic interview appeared first on Gay Star News.